This class will include a brief discussion time about the themes and ideas in the lyrics. Students will be expected to be able to execute the level of technique that corresponds with the level.
All workshops are for ages 18 and older
Cost is $55 per person for 5 week series. Register online or in the studio. After you register, request to join our Facebook Workshop Group. We post video updates of each class so you can track your progress!
*Non-refundable, payment due upon enrollment
*Missed classes are forfeited
*No registration fee required
*Enrollment is closed once classes have begun
JAN 7 - FEB SESSION
Mondays: 6:15-7:15pm Intermediate Hip Hop w/ Taylor M.
Tuesdays: 8-9pm Beginning Hip Hop w/ Sierra
Wednesdays: 9-10am Pilates, Strength, Barre w/ Danielle C.
Thursdays: 8:15-9:15pm Beg/Int.Tap w/ Maluhia
Fridays: 8-9am Yoga w/ Carleigh
*Fridays: 10-11:30am (Cost - $80) Beginning Contemporary Ballet w/ Jaime
Fridays: 7-8pm Intermediate Ballet w/ Brianne
Mondays: 6:45-7:45pm Beg/Int.Tap w/ Amanda S.
Tuesdays: 7:30-8:30 pm Beginning Ballet w/ Maluhia
Thursdays: 8:15pm Beg. Hip Hop w/ Sierra
Jubliee Dance Company
Jubilee means: “A joyful time; a time or season of celebration!” Jubilee Dance Company is an extension program and ministry of Dancing For Joy. It is time to dance for joy and celebrate who God created us to be as we move together to bless our Maker.
The Jubilee Dance Company is made up of 4 groups of 6 to 10 dancers each; the Junior group, Intermediate group, Senior group, and Principal group. Each group participates in increased training in technique, performance, choreography, and professionalism in order to dance for others in the broader community.
Together we reclaim and encourage dance as a venue for enriching our lives, blessing others, and praising God.
Achieving that mission
- We are non-competitive yet professional.
- Our focus is to reclaim the art of dance in the Pacific Northwest, WA, Whatcom county, and Bellingham for the glory of God.
- We provide a healthy and safe outlet for young dancers to expand strengths, work on weaknesses, and build confidence in a loving and encouraging environment.
- We encourage opportunities for technical excellence and personal growth that take us outside the studio walls and into the world we live in.
- We maintain a high standard of commitment to rehearsal and technique classes.
- We have team building times, devotions, and prayer times.
- We use choreography, music, and costumes that are appropriate.
- We place an emphasis on using dance as a way to serve God and others.
- We will divide company members up by age, style, ability levels, years in the company, and availability to foster growth through different dance experiences. Some members may be asked to participate with multiple groups throughout a school year and/or in specific dances. We may also have understudies for different dance works.
- Veteran company members have increased opportunity to choreograph, perform, be team leaders, judicators, camp counselors, and have solos etc…
In order to be eligible for the Jubilee Dance Company: Dancers must be going into the 7th grade in school, or age 12 by Sept. 1st of the tryout session. An appeal may be granted if dancers birthday is after Sept. 1st, but before Oct. 1st and has shown readiness in dance and attitude to be considered for an early tryout.
Also, dancers who have graduated high school, or are age 19 by Sept. 1st are ineligible to audition for the upcoming year. An appeal may be granted if dancers 19th birthday is after July 1st, and they still are in high school during that school year.
Dance Company members will have the opportunity to perform an average of once a month throughout the year. The Company usually performs annually at the Dance-Bellingham-Dance (a Young LIfe Event), The Ferry Terminal, Christmas Show (MBT), March Benefit Showcase, Ski to Sea Grand Parade, and June Show (MBT).
Other performances that Jubilee has participated in the past, and may take part in are as follows: Lights of Christmas, Christian School Chapels, Dance Blast at BHS, The Leopold, Kids Fest, Get Movin’, Nursing Homes, Christian Dance Symposium, WWU Basketball Games, Churches, Worship Conferences, Auctions, and other similar venues.