When you register for a class, you are automatically registering for the entire school year.
Monthly tuition is charged until you drop the class online or notifiy the office that you are dropping a class.
1. Dancing For Joy uses a web-based software program called The Studio Director that allows you to view the most current class schedules, register for classes, and pay anytime (24×7) from anywhere – even when our studio is closed. You may register online or at our studio. Your registration is considered complete once you pay the $25 Registration Fee, at which point your space will be held in the class.
2. Tuition is due on the first of the month. We require a credit card be linked to your Studio Director account upon registration, even if you do not intend to pay via credit card each month. You may make your payment one of three ways:
- a) GOOD: In our office by cash/check or a credit card other than the one linked to your Studio Director account.
- b) BETTER: Online via The Studio Director at your leisure.
- c) PREFERRED: Enroll in the Automatic Payment Plan via The Studio Director (automatically charges your credit card on the 1st of each month).
* If you choose option a or b, you must make your payment prior to the 10th of the month. If we don’t receive your payment, we will automatically charge the credit card linked to your account on the 11th, with an additional late fee of $5 if your past due amount is $0-$100, $10 late fee if your past dues are between $100-$200, $15 late fee charge if past due amount is $200-$300, etc.
3. Our tuition is calculated in the following way: (based on one student taking one class)
- Fall Session = 16 weeks of classes at $15 per week = $240 for the session. You may pay in 4 installments of $60/month (Sept-Dec).
- Spring Session = 24 weeks at $15 per week = $360 for the session. You may pay in 6 installments of $60/month (Jan-June).
Any student with a balance of $300 or more at the time of a DFJ production or performance will be unable to perform.
4. We do NOT pro-rate tuition or offer refunds once you are a registered student. If you drop a class in the middle of a billing cycle (see payment schedule), you are still responsible for the full month’s tuition. If you sign up mid-month for classes we will catch you up (pro-rate when signing up) to the current billing cycle, and then you will be billed according to our payment schedule. Due on the first of each month and late by the 10th. (please note that the payment schedule is for 4 specific classes and may not follow the monthly dates exactly - see our payment schedule for the exact 4 classes that each payment covers. We prefer that people set-up an automatic payment with us.)
5. Performance Fees cover cost for the following:
- A costume chosen by DFJ staff - Costume is yours to keep
- Props (if applicable)
- Dance instruction, choreography and rehearsals prior to the show conducted by DFJ staff
- Associated Costs: Administrative costs, ordering, shipping/handling, restocking fees, exchange fees, rush orders, non-returnables, and the 8.5% sales tax