10 Rules & Guidelines for Students
- Have fun!
- Come prepared, dressed, and on time.
- No food, drinks (except for water or a sports drink), or gum in the studios.
- No street shoes in studio 1 & No socks in all studios.
- No running or rough play in the building, at all.
- Please be quiet when classes are in session. Inside or outside of the class.
- Only positive, encouraging, and uplifting speech is allowed.
- Class time is a time to learn – please do not distract others from learning.
- No hanging on the barres or touching the mirrors.
- Students are not allowed in any studio without a teacher present.
- Have fun!
All missed classes due to illness, vacation, DFJ holidays/breaks (see list below) or inclement weather may be made up in another age appropriate class. To attend a make-up class you must go to the office first to pick up a make-up slip; no reservation required. We highly recommend not waiting until May & June to do make-ups because classes may be spending the majority of their time on choreography for our annual June performance. Only registered students can make up a missed class. Students not currently enrolled are no longer eligible to make up absences from previous enrollments.
*In case of long periods of closure due to weather, an additional make up day may be available.
Cut-off date for signing up or switching classes is Feb. 28th.
The studio will be closed on the following holidays for the 2018/19 school year:
- Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3)
- Halloween, Evening only. (Wednesday, Oct. 31 *Bellingham classes beginning at 5:45pm or later and Lynden classes beginning at 3:45pm or later are cancelled and can me made up.)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 22 & Friday, Nov. 23)
- Christmas Break (Monday, Dec. 17 - Tuesday, Jan. 1)
- Spring Break (Monday- Friday, April 1-5)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 27)