JUBILEE DANCE COMPANY TEAM PLACEMENT 2023-2024
These groups are not arranged strictly on ability, but also many other factors such as: age, dance group cohesiveness, leadership, where people will be most challenged, work ethic, adjudicator input from audition, teachability, attitude and involvement over the past year, and overall numbers of dancers on the teams.
We will be doing dances both within groups and combined with other groups throughout the year. Our goal is to foster unity throughout the company and be inclusive within all the groups. Ultimately, we want it to be more like a family than a competition.
CONGRATULATIONS, and welcome to the team, we are excited for a new year!
Jubilee means: “A joyful time; a time or season of celebration!” Jubilee Dance Company is an extension program and ministry of Dancing For Joy. It is time to dance for joy and celebrate who God created us to be as we move together to bless our Maker.
The Jubilee Dance Company is made up of 5 companies with 8 to 15 dancers each; the Junior company, Intermediate company, Senior Company, Advanced company, and Principle group. Each company participates in increased training in technique, performance, choreography, and professionalism in order to dance for others in the broader community.
Together we reclaim and encourage dance as a venue for enriching our lives, blessing others, and praising God.
Achieving that mission
- We are non-competitive, yet professional.
- Our focus is to reclaim the art of dance in the Pacific Northwest, WA, Whatcom county, and Bellingham for the glory of God.
- We provide a healthy and safe outlet for young dancers to expand strengths, work on weaknesses, and build confidence in a loving and encouraging environment.
- We encourage opportunities for technical excellence and personal growth that take us outside the studio walls and into the world we live in.
- We maintain a high standard of commitment to rehearsal and technique classes.
- We have team building times, devotions, and prayer times.
- We use choreography, music, and costumes that are appropriate.
- We place an emphasis on using dance as a way to serve God and others.
- We will divide company members up by age, style, ability levels, years in the company, and availability to foster growth through different dance experiences. Some members may be asked to participate with multiple groups throughout a school year and/or in specific dances. We may also have understudies for different dance works.
- Veteran company members have increased opportunity to choreograph, perform, be team leaders, judicators, camp counselors, and have solos etc…
In order to be eligible for the Jubilee Dance Company: Dancers must be age 12 by Sept. 1st of the tryout session. An appeal may be granted if dancers birthday is after Sept. 1st, but before Oct. 1st and has shown readiness in dance and attitude to be considered for an early tryout.
Also, dancers who have graduated high school, or are age 19 by Sept. 1st are ineligible to audition for the upcoming year. An appeal may be granted if dancers 19th birthday is after July 1st, and they still are in high school during that school year.
Dance Company members will have the opportunity to perform an average of once a month throughout the year. The Company usually performs annually at The Holiday Port Festival, DFJ Nativity (MBT), March Benefit Showcase, Whatcom Memorial Day Parade, and DFJ June Show (MBT).
Other venues where Jubilee has performed in the past, and may take part in are as follows: Lights of Christmas, Christian School Chapels, Dance Blast at BHS, The Leopold, Kids Fest, Get Movin’, Nursing Homes, Christian Dance Symposium, WWU Basketball Games, Churches, Worship Conferences, Auctions, and other similar venues.
Auditions for our 2023/2024 season have been completed. Additional dancers will be considered on a case by case basis. Please contact DFJ at email@example.com for more information.
2023/24 School Year
Details about the 2023/24 school year can be found in our information packet.